Hey Everyone!
This is my follow-up ranking from last week's post about the biggest world problems.
Breaking it down into the Top 5 Problems, here is my list:
#1: Terrorism
#2: War
#3: Corrupt Government Officials
#4: Religious Discrimination Increasing
#5: Poverty
These were my top 5 and a fellow commenter from last week, Alo, mentioned that these key 5 problems actually correlate with each other. Terrorism is caused by the war, that is caused by the corrupt government officials and policies. This, in turn, causes intense religious and race discrimination - and as a byproduct of the chaos, more and more people go into poverty. The real problem is, there's no easy way to get to the core root this entangled mess of problems. There is a fine line between Terrorism and War, and which is more of an issue but I feel like terrorism is becoming more of a widespread trend that is being threatened all over the world, and is becoming much more volatile than a war between two countries. Terrorism is a war of threats and mass destruction rather than a semi-civilized dispute over a topic. That's why terrorism trumps war on this list.
Breaking it down into the Top 5 Solutions, here is my list:
#1: Replacing greenhouse gas fuels with biofuels
#2: Continue anti-smoking campaigns against heart disease
#3: Setting a profit margin limit for certain private revenues
#4: Stricten the screening process of ALL countries
#5: Campaign against dictatorships and pledge a democratic planet
The reason that replacing greenhouse gas fuels with biofuels is at the top of my list, is that I feel that it is applicable to many world problems right now concerning unrenewable resources and their depleting amounts due to overpopulation.

I couldn't agree more with you on your rankings. Terrorism is a very dangerous threat to the entire world right now. ISIS is not holding back, and is gaining strength. I enjoyed reading you list and think you have great solutions. Ending dictatorships and having a democratic planet would help those who are oppressed and trapped under a dictator today. It's terrible that we still have countries in the world who are controlled by a dictator. Strengthening the screening process is a must unfortunately today. Overall I liked your solutions and your rankings. Great job! Here is a link to my blog posts: dkojo@blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI found this blog post to be very interesting and I enjoyed that your top 5 was much different than mine. I agree that War and terrorism are increasing problems in our world and I would agree even more so that these problems are intertwined. But how do we convince everyone to put a stop to the terrorism. Im not sure we can ever really take the bad out of the world but I think we can do more to spread the good. I focused more on the problems that I felt were here just because of a lack of effort by people like world hunger and child neglect. If you would like to check out y post you can see it at the link below!
ReplyDeletehttp://kailadevin.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html