Customer Interview No. 1

Potential Opportunity:

Is there any room for improvements on the popular communication app, Skype?

Audience:

Skype users found on AddMeContacts.com

Questions:

How long have you been using skype?
What types of conversations do you use Skype for the most?
Tell me about your experiences with Skype calls.
If you could choose one this for Skype to improve on, what would it be?

Video:

Reflection:

I learned that people are not always willing to elaborate on their answers. A lot of people find interviews to be a burden, and they don't really want to face their potential problems even when it may help find a solution. However, I did find out just from two of the interviewees, that Skype has several malfunctions on Mac compared to Windows. I also learned that the Web Version can be problematic, as can the Phone version. But some people reported no problems with any Skype features.



Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment

6 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan, first off I wanted to briefly say, nice interviews! In my opinion you asked good and probing questions about your opportunity. I liked your opportunity of “is there any room for improvement on the popular communication app, Skype?”. I agree with some of the troubles you faced interviewing people. A lot of times it is hard to get people to directly face the potential problems and provide a solution.

    I am supposed to share a link to mine, but I didn’t do the assignment so I can’t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ryan, as a Skype user myself I feel that your questions were well thought out. They got past the usual "the video quality should improve" or "there is always a lag between the mouth moving and the voice. We also had similar challenges in finding people to interview but I fell that once they realized that their opinions would be heard, they were more willing. You can check out my interviews at http://jakesentrepreneurshipuf.blogspot.com/2016/01/customer-interviews-no1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suh Dude,
    First things, first man, Great work with the videos! I have not had to use Skype in a long time, although the last time i had to use that application for Internet Calling/ Video Calling it seemed a little limited on what you could do in it. Mostly for musicians as myself collaborating with artists is what we sometimes enjoy doing. So What you have said to improve the usage of Skype would be wonderful, If somehow this were to be put into effect I would be happy to begin using Skype again.

    On another note here is my link, if you live in Gainesville Currently, My idea is to get a festival going on out here to help showcase the local musical talent the Swamp & Gainesville has to offer.(Including myself)

    http://entreprenuerderp.blogspot.com/2016/01/customer-interviews-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ryan, I enjoyed reading and watching your pitch. I think you struck upon a pretty good concept, as programs like Skype are very widely used but not something people think about improving or changing very often, making it a ripe target for improvement, innovation, and entrepreneurship. I liked how you went beyond the basic questions someone would ask about a program like Skype also. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ryan, I enjoyed reading and watching your pitch. I think you struck upon a pretty good concept, as programs like Skype are very widely used but not something people think about improving or changing very often, making it a ripe target for improvement, innovation, and entrepreneurship. I liked how you went beyond the basic questions someone would ask about a program like Skype also. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ryan, I enjoyed reading and watching your pitch. I think you struck upon a pretty good concept, as programs like Skype are very widely used but not something people think about improving or changing very often, making it a ripe target for improvement, innovation, and entrepreneurship. I liked how you went beyond the basic questions someone would ask about a program like Skype also. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete