1) Lovebugs are very hard to get off of my car.
Why? Because of the acid from the females eggs.
2) Shower takes too long to warm up.
Why? The water heater is too far from the bathroom.
3) Soda goes flat too quickly.
Why? Reducing pressure releases the CO2 in the form of gas bubbles.
4) My allergies have gone from seasonal to everyday.
Why? Pollen amounts are increasing annually.
5) My dog is constantly biting and scratching himself.
Why? Because he has contact dermititis due to pollen.
6) Inflation in movie theaters
Why? Because they take advantage of convenience.
7) When you call for customer service for an American company, and have to talk to someone with poor english-speaking skills.
Why? Because companies try to save money by hiring people from outside of the country as opposed to in the country of the company.
8) Stepping in dog poop.
Why? People don't clean up after their dogs in public places.
9) Running out of hot water
Why? Water heaters are not efficient enough.
10) People that exaggerate things.
Why? Because they crave attention.
11) The bottom falling out of a beverage cup.
Why? Because the cups are not made well enough to hold that much beverage.
12) Not being able to sleep on my side while wearing a good pair of headphones.
Why? Because the headphones are too bulky over the ear.
13) Movies that don't live up to their trailers.
Why? Because producers only advertise the best part of their movies.
14) The sound that a fork makes when scraped against a plate.
Why? The combination of stainless steel and porcelain create a terrible sound.
15) The fine print of an advertisement.
Why? Because marketers use deception to reel people in, when in reality it's not as great as it seems.
16) Can openers can be hard to turn and dull easily.
Why? Because some people (eg. elderly) don't have the muscle strength to operate them.
17) Potato chip bags that don't open when you pull in the middle.
Why? Because the bags are factory pressed together, and sealed too tightly.
18) Hangnails
Why? Because of dry skin around the cuticle
19) When restaurant service is too slow
Why? Because they are understaffed
20) Creating a list of 20 things that bug me.
Why? Because thinking this way isn't something that we're used to.
Complaining is something that we're all very good at, however identifying the problem and even the source of the problem can be very hard to do. I was very quick to identify things that other people do that bug me - but it was hard to find things in everyday life that bug me.
Ryan, I really enjoyed the 20th item on your bug list. I am on the same boat and I think I actually used that for one of my bugs as well. Oh well nothing we can really do about that. I also had the same problems with can openers, but I always kept mine in the annoying packaging so I could return them to Walmart every few months. Maybe you're just getting my old ones so they are double worn out?
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your list and can identify with a number of them. Usually I ready and watch show on my Ipad every night before bed. I have complained a number of times to my wife that I can not lie on my side with headphones in my ear. If you were to come up with a good solution to that one, I would be a customer.
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks Michael! I've been brainstorming about that one in particular for the past 2 weeks. It's something that I really want to create a solution to!
Deletehttps://mcardle526.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/bug-list/
ReplyDelete