My Exit Strategy

1) Identify the exit strategy you plan to make. Do you intend to sell your business in the next 5 years for a large return? Do you intend to stay with the business for several decades and retire? Do you intend to protect the venture as a family business, and pass it down to your children?
With my business, I intend to protect the venture. I want my kids to grow up knowing that this is a proper way that kids should be being taught around the country. I want my kids to see first hand how our business is helping people, and when they become old enough, I want them to take over and continue spreading the knowledge.
2) Why have you selected this particular exit strategy?
My particular business revolves around family involvement, and the fact that parents want what's best for their children. It would be pretty hypocritical to support that claim yet rob your children of being able to undergo the same experiences that you have.
3) How do you think your exit strategy has influenced the other decisions you've made in your concept? For instance, has it influenced how you have identified an opportunity? Has it influenced your growth intentions or how you plan to acquire and use resources?
I don't think my exit strategy has had much of an influence on the decisions that I've made - at least not to my knowledge. I always told myself that if I ever started a business, it would be a family company no matter what the idea was.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment

3 comments:



  1. Your exit strategy as I understand is non-existent; you do not want to exit and that is totally understandable; sometimes to let go is the best decision to take but doesn’t have to be that way, if you the company has a value to you that can only retained by keeping ownership or passing it on, so be it. Best of luck!

    Below the link to my post if you want to check it out:
    http://lirimveliu.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things you might consider is that your children will want to do their own thing and not continue your dream. Sad, but it does happen. So, with that said, your exit strategy at that point might be completely different that one you would use today.

    Here is my link if you have time to check it out.
    http://lindayahn.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exitstrategy-week-13-identify-exit.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It is great to want to have a plan for your future family, but sometimes it doesn't always work out the way you plan. None the less though, I do support this idea of wanting your children to see how a business works and how they are a good thing to have, because I honestly believe that mind set will begin to disappear in future generations, it is unfortunate, but true. If you want to look at my post here it is! http://anaksunamoon216.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete