1) Read through your blog from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.
2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
The most formative experience for me was definitely growing my social capital and reaching out to contacts that can benefit my business in the long run. These people provided feedback to me that was very important and beneficial to shaping my business venture concepts. This was also my most joyous and proud experience because it's when I really started to believe that my idea was more than just a school assignment.
3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. And we repeated the mantra -- I am an entrepreneur. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
Right now, I see myself as an innovator. I feel that I have not achieved entrepreneur status due to the fact that I haven't actually started anything but I'm still in the conceptualization phase. I feel for now I am an innovator, but soon I will adapt to being an entrepreneur.
4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?
I would recommend that students take it slowly rather than trying to rush into everything at once. Take your time to contact several people in the same business field that you intend to pursue and have in-depth conversations with them. They are the best critics and will provide you with extremely beneficial feedback to your elevator pitches and idea napkins.
Hey Ryan,
ReplyDelete"Take it slow"
Yup, I'm with you on that one man. Don't rush these posts because otherwise they will end up looking like crap. Sure, everything about this blog is hypothetical, but when all is said and done, it is still your blog and your venture. Treat it as such. While I don't see myself as an Innovator as you do Ryan, I do see a change in myself.
Check out my blog at http://blazingllamas.blogspot.com/2016/04/complication-with-optimistic-outcomes.html