Google Gold


1) A discussion of your general approach and strategy to search engine optimization (SEO). What were some of the activities you did for each blog post to pursue SEO? 
My general approach was to answer the questions as thoroughly as possible making sure to stay on track, and try to relate my key words into my posts as often and as appropriately as I could. Not all assignments directly related to my strategy for SEO, but the ones that gave me the opportunity, I took advantage of.

2) What were your keywords. How did you select those keywords? Did you change or refine your keywords through the semester?
My main keyword was the name that I want my business to fall under - "TutorCubes".
3) How did you use social media to enhance your SEO efforts? What your your surprises or general impression of using social media to improve your blog's profile? Was social media generally receptive of your blog, or did it get ignored?
I used the +1 google prompts when publishing my posts, and after I started doing that, I realized that my page views were increasing. I was surprised at this because I don't actually have a completed google profile, or plus account that I use regularly - however it still seemed to increase the amount of publicity that my blog was receiving.
4) What was your most "viral" post? In other words, which post obtained the most traffic? Why do you think?
My Idea Napkin #1 was the most viral post of mine. I think it obtained the most traffic because it was an in-depth description that really explained what I intended to do with my business and who I was targetting. I think this captured the attention of quite a few people and was possibly shared with others.
5) Finally, did you make it to the first page of Google results for your keywords? If not, what page of results did you make it to?
"TutorCubes" when searched on Google, displays my elevator pitch as the #2 result on Google, and the blog link to my elevator pitch is also on the first page. 
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    It seems like you have a unique idea that could see a lot of success! It was interesting that your idea napkin had the most traffic because mine was the elevator pitch and venture concept no. 1. It seems like you have a good handle on how you want to represent your business concept. Good luck with the end of the semester and feel free to check my blog out here: http://amyarnoldent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/going-for-google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan,

    I love your use of the +1 feature after posting your blogs. I think that these are small things that we can do in order to maximize the effectiveness of our blogs. Thanks for doing this! My idea napkin 1 was also my most trafficked post. I think that we can take away details like this and realize this would be the best tangible piece of this class to carry with us in our future.

    Check out my blog
    Travismcafee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete