Idea Napkin No. 1

1) You.
I am Ryan Lindemann. I participate in the sport of what is called "speedcubing". This has been a hobby of mine for almost four years and I really enjoy it. Speedcubing is the practice of quickly solving Rubik's Cubes for the fastest time or most logical solutions. My business is all about teaching problem solving skills to children and young adults by using a toy that they can easily enjoy. This would definitely give me a purpose to fulfill in life and I would take pride in knowing that I am doing a service to the youth of our next generation.
2) What are you offering to customers? 
With my in-home tutoring service, I will be providing subscriptions and tutoring plans that come with 1 speedcube per person on the subscription. I will also be hiring a team of speedcubers that can quickly and accurately help teach children and young adults appropriate problem solving skills.

3) Who are you offering it to? 
This service is really going to appeal to those who still have an eager and open mind to learning. Psychologically, children and young adults have the largest learning capacity. This service would be targeted towards the parents of these children to help enhance their child's logical thinking and problem solving skills.
4) Why do they care? 
Parents naturally only want the best for their children. Logic and problem solving are two essential assets to all educational learning starting from the basics. By teaching their kids proper logical thinking and problem solving skills, they can expect to see an intellectual improvement in their childrens' lives as well as academic performance.
5) What are your core competencies? 
Different tutoring services place children in front of a computer, or a book that can be intimidating to several groups of children. My concept provides children with something that excites them and encourages them - TOYS. By taking advantage of educational toys and puzzles such as the Rubik's cube, children will ENJOY being tutored.

I believe that these elements flow together really well and provide a great establishment for my business concept. I found that these questions were very clear in my mind and easy to distinguish from each other. I really have confidence in my abilities and my aspirations to actually make a difference in the communities around me.




Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment

4 comments:

  1. I really like your idea! Instead of using a book or some online course to teach children, you instead give them a toy to play and learn with. Since children naturally like to play and wish to do so as often as possible, using a Rubik's Cube would definitely be stimulating for them and help them to have fun and learn. While I know you want to aim this towards young children, I hope later on you can expand this to older people too. Who knows, you might be able to help older people remain sharp with their problem solving skills and keep them from falling into illnesses like Alzheimer's possibly. My service is also geared towards younger people, college students specifically. Then again, a college student can be of any age! Good job on this. Here's my link: http://entintheair.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ryan,
    I love your idea, specially how is targeted to small children. If one thing is true is that every children loves to play with toys, and the fact that you can combine such important things like the development of analytical and critical thinking skills with toys so they can play and have fun while learning at the same time is incredible. I believe that when children learn in a more entertaining and dynamic way, they are able to retain knowledge more easily and develop essential skills. Furthermore, it is really easy for kids to get bored while reading a book or doing homework. Therefore, creating a more enjoyable way of supplementing their skills and knowledge could be very beneficial for them in the future. May be you want to think about adding more toys to your service to stimulate the dynamic learning, not just the Rubik's Cube. Other than that, I really love your idea. If you want to take a look at my post here is the link http://berrvh.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ryan! I really enjoyed how you idea wants to revolutionize how young children are tutored. It can be so hard to have young children stay still long enough for them to absorb anything you are trying to help them with. In this way, you are more or less creating a game for them to play that will keep them fully engaged and willing to want to sit there and keep learning. In what ways would you be teaching problem solving and logical skills? Would you be showing them pieces of toys and then after a learning section, they get to play with the toy? I really like the idea, but I think you need a few more logistics too. What do you think of my idea: http://thedailyschlak.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ryan, That is an incredible skill that you have. I respect your want to educate others in much the same you solve the cubes. If you can children to fall in love with problem solving and use it as their craft, then the world should be theirs. I agree and hope they will look at every challenge as an opportunity to solve an exciting puzzle.
    Here's my link: Here's my link:http://rdavidshay3.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete