The Amazon Whisperer

  • Describe the revenue drivers you currently include in your business concept for this class. Revenue drivers are the different ways you make money. 
I have two main revenue drivers for my business concept.
The first is the actual in-home tutoring service itself which would be either per session or offered at a cheaper monthly rate.
The other are the actual products (puzzles) that I would be providing as a sort of starter bundle for kids interested in learning how to solve Rubik's Cubes.
  • Describe what kind of product offering you believe should be next. What's the next thing your customers want?
The next step would be offering other puzzles that increase in difficulty and provide a slightly larger challenge for the children who become confident in their puzzle-solving abilities.
  • Describe how this "next" thing will enhance your existing product/service offering. Does it improve the user experience, does it increase customer switching costs, does it foster customer loyalty, etc.?
This "next" thing provides a goal for my customers. It's going to cause them to have inspiration and motivation to continue progressing in the series, because they'll want to finish one puzzle to start the next and so on. With a proper tutoring service and puzzles that progress in difficulty, the customer interest should be at a very high level.
  • Go to Amazon and try to find a product that is similar to the one you want to offer next. Describe the product. Include a picture of the product.
The product below is called a megaminx. It has 12 uniform sides compared to a typical cube that has 6. This puzzle has an increased difficulty from an original Rubik's Cube.
  • What are the customer reviews for the product? What, exactly, do customers not like about the product? What do they like about it?
Some of the reviewers said that the product was very difficult to turn and had stickers that were poorly placed on the puzzle, but it has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars averaged over 425 reviews and people loved the appearance, the complexity, and the way it cut corners when turning the faces. 
  • Describe what design/usability changes you'd make to the product. 
First of all - I would be creating a stickerless version of this product that uses colored PVC because it's cheap and efficient to use in puzzle making. I would also ensure that the puzzles come pre-lubricated and adjusted for smooth turning.
  • Describe why you think this product would make a good addition to your current product/service offering.
Like I said before, this product would add a sort of "level-up" for the people that graduate from the basic solving. To prevent them from getting bored with just solving the same puzzle over and over again, this would give them a new adventure to enjoy trying to solve.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment

2 comments:

  1. Ryan, first off: KILLER DESIGN FOR YOUR BLOG! I love the design you have for it, it is nice change from all the orange class blogs haha. As for your concept, I have a service concept too, and I think the tutoring is something very useful. I like the product you chose I actually never knew that it existed. I think my favorite part of your post was when you explained how you would improve their existing product because just by what you said you could tell that you knew exactly what you were talking about. I hope your concept works out and feel free to check out my blog http://lovetravellives.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ryan,

    Love your blog layout! As I'm typing this , I'm actually also listening to Matt, the founder of tutoring zone discuss topics on entrepreneurship and how he founded tutoring zone as well as other businesses. Having a tutoring business will be very useful for kids especially who are starting to lear and what not. Great pitch, and I hope you're able to achieve your goals. check out my blog http://jalekatircioglu.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete